May 11, 2011

Clara is 3 weeks old! (and some other good news)




Hello Family and Friends,
It's hard to believe that little Clara is already 3 weeks old. The last 3 weeks have been exciting but also exhausting. Clara's sleep habits have been pretty random. Some nights she is able to sleep 1.5-2 hours between feedings and other nights she can't seem to go to sleep at all. Up until today Joey's mom was here to help and we were able to take naps during the day while she took care of Clara. Unfortunately she had to go back to Minnesota yesterday so now we are trying to establish some sort of a schedule that works for the three of us. Fortunately Joey is finished with school now so he has a lot more free time to help me with Clara. I will go back to my violin teaching next week but since I only teach two days a week I don't anticipate it being too difficult. Clara is very strong and already lifts her head quite a bit and tries to roll over on her side. She has also started to produce occasional smiles which I am convinced are not gas related. haha! She has changed so much in the last few weeks. Clara occupies most of our "exciting" news these days but we had another wonderful event occur earlier this week. I can't release any details until a contract is officially signed in a few weeks, but Joey has been offered a wonderful job starting in August. I can tell you that it is a full time position as organist/choir master at a church but that's all I am going to say for now. I promise to post more as soon as everything is official. Anyway, that is our news for now. I hope this post finds you all well and safe. We have been experiencing some beautiful summer-like weather here in Connecticut and are looking forward to spending more time outside now that our schedules have freed up a bit.
Best wishes to you all!
Erin and Joey